Java RXTX library

I have to admit I dont like the concept of Processing (can't say I dont like Processing since I've never laid my hands on it, and I dont intend to). I perfer to work with Java.

One would say Processing is easier to learn and work with, and the other would reply that Java provides way more capabilities despite it's dificulty. This controversy is rather typical, predictable, unresolving and I dont want to get into it. I just like Java more.
Therefore when I needed a way to communicate via a serial port with my Arduino I went digging in the net to find a way to do that. The answer was the RXTX Library. It's a reliable Serial interface for Java (which will connect much more than just the Arduino board with your program). The installation process is really easy and if you take a look at the example code you will know just enough to make your Arduino sketch send a string through serial ( or more probably USB ) to your Java program and the Java program send a reply string as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment